"I like (something) because..."
To get 'hands-on' experience creating a video presentation.
You have 30 minutes to produce a 30 second video.
- Form groups, at least one member of each group to have a laptop computer on the wireless network.
- Each use your own smartphone with video function
- Announce the objective
- To create a video addressing a defined theme "I like the (something) because..."
- Completed video to be 30 seconds duration or less.
- Let each member provide 2 or 3 ideas, capture each ideas with a post-it notes.
- Suspend your judgment until everyone has stated their idea.
- Next build on ideas, some ideas will be put aside at this stage.
- At all times be aware of your own and other's personal safety.
- Criticise the idea not the person.
- Use serial discussion, everyone has a turn, no one person dominates.
- Consider taking on roles but keep it democratic.
- to write the script.
- to plan the shots.
- to film.
- to act.
- find/create props.
- to edit.
- My piece on storyboarding ideas (managingsystemsdevelopment.blogspot.com).
- Storyboarding is also used as a user-design technique for systems development. For examples see The Importance of Storyboarding Your iPhone App by Josh Clark and Storyboard technique for software projects by Adam Musial-Bright.
- Reynolds, G. (2008) Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery, Berkeley, CA, New Riders.
- Sawyer, B. (2009) The Learner's Journey in Practice. (blogs.oreilly.com)
- BBC video editor (link)
- Camista screen recorder (link)
- Quick and Easy Video with a Flip Cam (dspace.ndlr.ie)
- A Guide to Student-Generated Videos(www.studentgenerated.com)
- MINO HD FLIP CAMERA USER GUIDE (dspace.ndlr.ie)